Eyelidbrower Eyelidbrower

Hmm I was entertained

The flash itself was I don't even know. I'll explain it all in the review

Well the style of the flash was really different from everyone elses I have seen on here. The art looked like gibberish. Which what surprised me was some parts were really good flash skills then it restored down to the "unknown" part of the flash again. The weird language was not even a real language which gave it that random touch. I have to admit some parts on here I laughed at but then some made me tap my head and think.

I can see potential in you, it matters just how you put it to use. I bet if you really tried you could make a really great flash. Please don't make anything like this again though. I don't mean to call you out this was just not good in my opinion at some parts of the flash.

Art & Animation - 4
Story - 0
Voices - 2
Overall - 2 (+1 point for potential)

MarkSW responds:

I think the next flash will be exactly like this one. I just can't (or don't want to) think up something not stupid.
Thanks for the review though!

Copcicles Copcicles

Review

Well the flash was ok in my point a view. There is a lot more good things I could say about it then bad.

The Jokes in this flash made me chuckle. I was not rolling on the floor laughing but just good enough to bring that small laugh. The voicing was to sketchy. It could be ignored but it could be better. The story was that kind of crappy hilarious story where its so simple that its awesome which is what a lot of movies live off of these days. And the idea to make them popcicles was real creative.

The animation in this flash could have taken more work. I would of liked to see more improvements on the art & animation for the next one. For being a trailer I can care less but the real thing you need it to be the best it can be. All the small stuff could be worked on like just the details, colors, texture, effects all that stuff. Spending 10 minutes on that wouldn't hurt and it would be better in the long run. I do not own flash though so I do not know how hard it is.

Overall just improve on the animation. The story to simple, jokes cheesy, and the voices were terrible. Some of that I liked though cause it gave the flash character and creativity. So please do your best with the animation and I would love to see this become a real thing.

Story - 7
Art & Animation - 4
Voices - 5
Overall - 5.333333333333 (rounded to 5)

\\Review Request Club//

The-Mercenary responds:

this was a fake trailer thats making fun of the cheesyness of movie trailers and has bad voiceovers on purpose :(

klik say happy clock day klik say happy clock day

I wish I had my camara

-Likes-
Well there are a lot of contributors so you know its good. The authors description is flawless "happy clock day" I almost threw up when I read it since its so amazing. And that ad "Perfect World MMORPG" really pulled it all together. Soapbubble really did a good job with the story line. thenewbies is a great company. I like there shoes. And Idiot-Finder is Artist and Sound. DAMM. If it wasn't for him it would just be stick figures and spitting noises. And xenonmonkey best voice actor ever. He had the right voice for it. The animation ran smoothly and Great job programming this. I was profound by how awesome this flash is

-DisLikes-
Well after looking real closely at this I realized it was just a white box and that wasn't cool.

-improvements-
Next time make a red box

-Points-
Graphics - 10
Story line - 10
Voice - 10
Colors - 10
Title - 9 (needed more monkeys)
Contributors - 10
Score - 9
Usage of the color white - 0
Overall - 9.80333333333(rounded to 10)

Klik responds:

it is artistic genuis

Super PSTW Action RPG Super PSTW Action RPG

One button, One epic game.

The design of this game was Genius and epic. Thinking of a game only using one button and making it actually good and playable seems like a tough thing to do since almost all games need a good story, game play, and an extraordinary ending. Which this game had all three of them and also included some hilarity.

The Story of this game was marvelous even for it being a simple one button game. The story included a nemesis, great cut scenes, and twist in the stories here and there. And what I liked is you get into a fight with your rival twice and after you slay him he helps you defeat the final boss by giving his life. And just as soon as you think your done with the game you have to fight the boss again which by then he has about one hundred billion HP, but he is a lot easier that fight considering you can't get hurt the second time you fight him where as the first time you can get hurt and almost killed if your rival didn't come to help.

The game play on this simple flash I find better them some games of xbox live. It gave your game complexity and simplicity. The game had a good fighting system, xp and gold system (which didn't work though really), and a final boss but its so simple that the entire game can be played with just the space bar. And the fights you would get into isn't so boring. You would use the space bar to be able to block while worrying about trying to kill them. And the music is what really kept the game together. Without the great music in this game the game itself would have been really dull.

This game I enjoyed a lot playing and I was real happy where after I beat it I find out that there is a 100 point medal waiting for you at the end of the game. The game had outstanding music, game play, story, hilarity, and other goodies. I feel this game deserves all the attention its getting right now and the 10 I'm going to give it in this review.

Monday Morning TV Monday Morning TV

Achievement Get: Make an awesome flash

This flash was very well done. Put together nicely with Programming and the Art. I really liked this flash and played it for about an hour before I started reviewing.

-Likes-
Everything. The art, game play, all of it. I like how the character was futuristic looking and the background and playing field was plain looking. It looked Sepia. I liked at the level select in the background with the TV snow. That really went with the theme. Not only do you have to beat the level if you want you can try to get under the par and finish it without dieing, I really loved that. It was an extra challenge to give more endurance to the game. That is one of the main reasons I wanted to keep playing. I made it all the way to level 10 with getting under the par and without dieing.

-Dislikes-
Although I like this game difficulty grew fast. Each level after 5 would get twice as hard as the last level. Very challenging game. Thats the only downfall.

-Improvements-
Just make it a little easier or set a difficulty mode. That would be awesome to have. But some games are still very great even though they are hard.

Meteorite smash Meteorite smash

I've seen better

This game is buggy and Glitchy. Even though you used the Game Factory its not really an excuse and can be easily fixed.

-Likes-
I usually pull off a lot of stuff in the "likes" section but can't for this submission. The flash has some decent sprites. If you made those sprites props for that. There are some good sound effects in the game. They are used appropriately and correctly.

-Dislikes-
Quite a bit of bugs. The numbers in the corner I ave know Idea what the purpose of those were for. Not sure if it was a timer, points, or some other thing. There was no music either. Playing the game was so Dull without Music. Good music is a key to a good flash. The pixels for the flash are a bit off. Cause there are a few blank lines on the flash and its not distracting it just ruins the quality. And when you would explode or the meteor would get destroyed it would leave some stuff behind. And after shooting about 30 meteors it gets annoying. The menu screen and replay screen are to boring. Just a blue gradient with text saying "Press space to (re)play". There could of been a lot more quality in the flash if all of this was fixed.

-Improvements-
Fix all the bugs and add some background music. You need great music to have a great flash. Without music it just falls apart. Even if the music is simple like a small loop its still better than nothing.

CAN-OF-SPAM responds:

Ok, i made 2 others after i made this and the final version is a hell of a lot better.

Pacemaker - BeefourMusic Pacemaker - BeefourMusic

Whoa man.

Great Song right here. And it was used in a flash? Whoa man.

-Likes-
The beginning of the song was classical and calm. And I didn't look at the genre before I started listening to it so I had no idea what this song was going to be like. Then when it got to the funky parts I was like Whoa man. Pretty great song I really liked and listened to it for a while.

-Dislikes-
I didn't find much just that it would get exciting and boring then exciting again. So it got a little boring for me but I still enjoyed it.

-Improvements-
Build up the excitement in the song. The excitement gos real high then lowers. Build it up through most of the song then a big bang at the end and the ending will finish everything.

SUB4RU responds:

Soz for late reply, I was on holiday :).

Your dislikes sound likes a textbook techno/dance song format, lol, so I guess I did well!

I will try to make the end of my songs have the "big bang" you speak of in the future :)

- BeefourMusic -

Paradise on E - Worlds Co Paradise on E - Worlds Co

Loooong Song. But also great

I have never seen an audio this long. You blew my mind. Too k a while to review this submission ( minutes)

-Likes-
I like how the song opened. With the xylophones. A lot of users are using that on NG now. I really like that when they do that on a submission. I like how there are the fast paced parts and they clam it down with the xylophone. I listened to this song about 5 times before I started reviewing. Its a good song. And at the end is where I love it. Those last notes were great.

-Dislikes-
The only thing I did not like is it was way to long. I like long songs its just harder for me to review them. Sorry about that. Thats why I like the shorter songs.

-Improvements-
Nothing at all. All of it was just fine. The only thing that bugged me was the length which isn't really a big deal.

This song was added to my favorites.

Chronamut responds:

trance songs are usually at least 5 minutes long - it's a genre thing - as people wanna dance to them - so it helps if they're long :)

glad you liked it man - we've been using xylophone for at least 5 years - me and B0UNC3 :)

thanks for the review!

-shawn-

DJ Ravenz - Improvisation DJ Ravenz - Improvisation

Great but not perfect

When I first heard the beginning I thought this song was going to be completely different than what I thought it was going to be.

-Likes-
I didn't like the beginning (First 30 seconds) but after that I was enjoying the song. And every few seconds you add a little more but at 0:40 was where I liked it the most. Thats where I wanted to listen to over and over again. After the beginning the song was very good and enjoyable.

-Dislikes-
The beginning. It doesn't really match up with the Techno theme and i have heard stuff like the beginning in a lot of other songs. The beginning has no big deal to me and was the only thing I disliked about the song.

-Improvements-
Just fix the beginning so it seems more like a techno song. It could of maybe confused some people. Techno and R&B are my favorite Genres of songs and hearing the beginning I was not pleased with it.

Domo Domo

OMG

Super orgasm all the way!

Coleco responds:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaæaaaaaaaaaaaa

Mutant Strawberry Clock Mutant Strawberry Clock

My eye balls are dancing with Excitement.

To be honest when I first read the title I thought this was going to be spam but I clicked the link and found awesome shit.

-Likes-
I really like when a user makes there art with a tablet or photoshop but they upload a real pic of there art like a sculpture or a hand drawn piece of art. And this was an amazing pumpkin. If pumpkins didn't rot (not sure if they do or not) I would be willing to pay for this. And one thing that I'm amazed you didn't forget was add the little seeds on the strawberry clock. "The teth are just like the aliens teeth from the simpsons :P" The teeth actually reminded me of that before I read the authors comments.

-Dislikes-
Little small. To wide and not enough height. I like pics to be higher not wider. But in full screen its just fine.

-Improvements-
Nothing at all. Surprisingly you did great on this art. Your other pumpkin submissions are also pretty great. I guess you have a talent for this since you have done quite a few. pumpkin sculptures.

This art has been added into my favorites and you have been added into my favorite artist for your great pumpkin sculptures and the Cosmic Space Station and Cosmic Icestream art.

Your a great artist.

Chronamut responds:

I have been doing pumpkin carvings for a veeeerrry long time - I was always the best on my block and people actually used to come to our house just to see what I had carved that year - it was always a pride and joy of mine as they are soft enough to carve with expression and also hard enough to maintain their shape without going all gooey. As for the dimensions I try to put as many poses in as I can - you can always cut them up later - because if I put that much work into something - I want to show it off as much as possible :)

funnily enough seeing renaenae submit every year made me want to submit, and so I did - sadly the first couple of years I was handicapped as to what I could do becasue my neice was only a few years old and my mom prohibited me from making "scary pumpkins" - which is why all my pumpkins after the flame pumpkin until last year are all "happy" pumpkins.. which I found annoyingly challenging lol..

and yes I was happy with the teeth - my goal every year is to make a pumpkin as creepy and scary looking as I possibly can. I think next year I might do sharks teeth - rows upon rows of teeth jutting out from the pumpkin - it's all about the challenge - but with newgrounds the challenge is also in somehow working it into an existing character on the site. One that's recognizable enough - as that's how newgrounds always seems to choose the winner - doing strawberry clock I guess was a shoe-in for me this year :)

I would love to see someone make a flash off of this.

also pumpkins rot - fortunately halloween carving happens when the air starts to get cold - mine is still on my balcony - but it's all shrivelled and stuff now - well.. at least it was the last time i looked at it - I shudder to think of what it looks like now hahaha..

and it shouldn't come as a surprise -whatchoo trying to say - that I'm a sucky artist? Hahahaa..

and sweet :P

thanks for the review!

-shawn-

Flathead Lake Flathead Lake

Sweet home Alabama

This art reminds me of Alabama or something you would see out of a country movie.

-Likes-
The art has a laid back type of style. Its a simple and calm piece of work. It looked like a lot of fun to make this art with the ipad. The art style I really like with the choppy look. It looks somewhat low quality but it is still a very great piece of art. The way you made this art is what I really like about it. I can really put it into words but its very good.

-Dislikes-
I like how the art has little detail into it but some more detail would help me figure out what this is. Some parts of it I couldn't tell what it was.

-Improvements-
All I would of liked was to add a little more into the art. I liked the simplicity of it but a little more couldn't of hurt so it wouldn't be so plain.

Joshsouza responds:

Look at Coop's review and look at my response, think it says everything I want to say.